Message from the CANASA Executive Team
March 23, 2020
We wanted to take a moment to update CANASA members on the actions your association has been taking regarding COVID-19, Emergency declarations and the potential impact.
- Montreal, Edmonton Security Canada shows have been postponed.
- Member events up to the end of May 2020 have been cancelled.
- Communications have been sent to every level of government requesting the Security and Life Safety industry be designated as an "Essential Service"
- The Quebec Regional council has successfully obtained confirmation from the Bureau de Sécurité Privée that in Quebec our industry is classified as an "Essential Service". This sets a positive precedent for our other Provinces and Territories.
- We have released a template letter for Security Personnel members to carry in the event of local, provincial or federal lockdowns. A template letter for Quebec Security Personnel members has also been developed.
- We urge you to join our CSIO Facebook group (Canadian Security Industry Online) and follow CANASA on Facebook and Twitter, we will continue to share updates as they happen.
We hope you, your families and employees are doing well and keeping safe.
President, CANASA’s National Board of Directors