Established in 1977, the Canadian Security Association (CANASA) is a national not-for-profit organization dedicated to advancing the security industry. We protect and promote the interests of our members and the safety of all Canadians through education, advocacy, and leadership.
We are a recognized voice of the security industry in Canada and have a growing membership of more than 1000 member organizations in 10 Regions across the country representing all segments of the industry.
We support our members through a comprehensive network of services, including:
- high quality security education;
- leading industry trade shows;
- government relations and advocacy work;
- marketing and communications; and
- the latest industry information and news.
CANASA advocates, educates, and provides leadership to our members in a self-regulated environment of Canadian security professionals.
CANASA is the recognized voice of security in Canada.
To enhance CANASA’s value proposition and to develop stronger business intelligence in order to achieve our Mission and Vision.
The professional conduct of CANASA and its members is aligned with the following values:
- Continuous improvement
- Open and honest communication
- Members shall always be aware of the trust placed in them by their customers and will not misrepresent their ability, experience, credentials or reputation to existing clients and prospective clients.
- Members shall maintain a professional attitude towards all clients, competitive companies, suppliers, individuals and employees. Members shall also respect the reputation and practices of other members.
- Members will expose, without hesitation, any unethical conduct of members in the industry by reporting said conduct, in writing, to the Executive Director of the Association.