To Members Offering Monitoring Services to Clients in the Quebec City Area
The following are some of the articles
that took effect on January 1, 2018
The following are some of the articles (in French only) that will take effect January 1, 2019
- monitoring station must do 3 pre verification calls prior to communicating with the police services following the sounding of an alarm (article 8.4)
- the user must give the installer or the monitoring station a list comprising of 3 phone numbers and the name of the designated persons (article 8.8)
- the monitoring station’s obligation to possess the user list of 3 phone calls and names of the designated persons. (article 8.9)
Implementation date for the electronic platform for monitoring station:
- Articles: 8,8.1, 8.2, 8.3, 8.6 et 8.7 will take effect on January 1st 2019.
- Plus, the article 8.5 is split to introduce a new article 8.5.1. which will take effect on January 1st 2019.
Quebec City has not yet given us specific details on this file. But we expect more news early next year.
For further information contact:
Director, Governmental Affairs – Québec
Canadian Security Association (CANASA)
1 (905) 513-0622 ext. 226
1 (800) 538-9919 ext. 226
1 (514) 884.3343 (mobile/cell.)