When are electrical permits for Alarm Installations required in Manitoba?
December 19, 2006
Winnipeg (City regulations)
Outside of Winnipeg (Manitoba Hydro regulations)
- Not required for Single Family Dwellings (Houses) are required for Commercial or Multi-Family Dwellings
- $62 per installation
- Manitoba Hydro require that a permit be
pulled for all new installations and for service work that exceeds $100
in value (Residential* or Commercial)
- The cost of is $20 for a residential
control panel* and $30 for a commercial control panel plus $1.50 per
device for the first 100 devices and then $1 per additional device.
- Devices are anything with a wire run to it
including door contacts, motion sensors, glassbreak detectors; sirens,
keypads, telephone connections and transformers.
- Wireless devices are not connected to the electrical system are not counted.
- There is a trenching permit that may be required for buried cable that costs $30.
- Where there are multiple systems being
installed at a single address (ie: two systems in two different
buildings) we can pull a single permit and add the panel and devices
from the 2nd building to the original permit and provide an explanation
for the installation details.
*At the present time (18 Dec 06) permits are not required for residential systems.