| Job Title
Cyber Security Incident Handler
View complete job posting (PDF)
| Company Name
|| Ontario Public Service (OPS) - Cyber Security Operations
| Job Location
222 Jarvis Street
| Date Posted
||October 9, 2020
The Cyber Security Operations team at the Ontario Public Service (OPS) is a carefully assembled group of passionate and diverse individuals. The team proudly believes in our mission to protect the Ontario government, public services and clients from a diversity of cyber threats.
We are looking for a cyber security specialist with an in-depth understanding of existing security tools and applied practices.
- Provide technical expertise in the monitoring of newly discovered threats and attacks.
- Lead a range of highly specialized and complex security initiatives including enhanced monitoring, threat intelligence, and threat hunting.
- Conduct and/or lead the research, analysis, and evaluation of leading-edge cyber defense methods/technologies.
- Provide technical expertise, consultation, and training in areas of incident response and advanced threat monitoring to the team members and customers.
- Provide technical expertise in the development, maintenance, and enhancement of corporate security operating procedures, standards and best practices.
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- You have proven hands-on experience in the information security field including risk management, security engineering, security monitoring, or incident response.
- You have demonstrated interest in open-search research as well as practical knowledge using open source tools for Incident Response and Threat Intelligence.
- You have the ability to continuously analyze and correlate incidents artifacts to discover new attack techniques, tool used, and footprint.
- You have proven hands-on experience in administering *nix and Windows systems or Security technologies like IPS, SIEM, Malware Protection and others.
- You have practical experience in differentiating between deferent types of cyber attacks and threat agents, and the ability to formulate sound defense mitigations.
- You can provide specialized expert advice to clients on security issues and make presentations to senior management.
- You can document technical findings, develop incident response remediation recommendations, and present both oral and written reports to clients.
ANALYTICAL AND PROBLEM-SOLVING SKILLS:
- You have demonstrable problem-solving and analytical skills to resolve highly technical issues with critical impact on the functioning of the OPS.
- You can communicate technical details in a clear manner, and have the ability to manage multiple assignments.
- You have project leadership and technical expertise in the development, implementation and communication of cyber security systems, processes and services.
$1,454.17 - $1,878.52 per week*
*Salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
| Closing Date
October 27, 2020
| How to Apply